Friday, December 10, 2010

Welcome to Sacha Jones Ceremonies

Welcome to Sacha Jones Ceremonies:

The Art & Magic of Ritual & Ceremony




Sacha Jones is Lifecycle Celebrant, trained at the Celebrant Foundation & Institute - a New York State licensed officiant and an ordained non-denominational minister, by the Universal Brotherhood Movement.  If you are looking for someone to perform your special ceremony, in keeping with who you are and your personal belief system please read on, and contact me so we may meet to discuss your special day.  

Watch this space, shiny new website in the works & coming your way soon!






 

Sacha Jones Ceremonies:

~ Legally Officiates Gay & Straight Weddings
~ Vow Renewals
~ Naming Ceremonies & other Family Ceremonies
~ Cleansing Ritual Ceremonies (& New Home)
~ Divorce & Separation Ceremonies
~ Memorials, Celebration of Life Rituals & Funerals

All Sacha Jones Ceremonies are personalized and unique. 


A little about Sacha Jones:
I became interested in the concept of celebrant weddings in early 2002 when my sister Toni, and her fiancé Noah came to New York City to elope.  City Hall seemed somehow impersonal, and because they were not members of a faith, they wanted to create a wedding that encompassed the spirit of them as a couple.  At that time we didn't know there were people who did this - who would honour the individuals and create personalized meaningful weddings; so we decided to "make it up".   My sister's wedding was the first I planned and officiated.  It was so much fun, and what we came up with truly embodied their personalities - the beauty of it remains with me, and really came to light when planning my own wedding.  My husband Mike and I found it quite challenging to find someone who would suit us both, someone who would work with us to create a unique experience - so together we created a love story centered, celebrant-style wedding and were blessed to finally find someone who would perform the ceremony and work with our ideas.  Family and friends still tell us it was the best, most intimate and unique wedding they have ever been to. 

These personal and lovely wedding experiences made me realize how much I enjoy creating ceremony, keeping the couple who are to be joined in union at the forefront of importance.  I like working in tandem with the couple to create a perfect ceremony for them - one that tells their unique story and shares with their guests who they are, leaving a lasting, loving memory for everyone in attendance. 

As a holistic health counselor, I work with clients to help them find their best selves, working with the concept that each person is different and has unique needs.  Creating a commitment ceremony is much like that - each couple has their own experience and it's important to find the right words, rituals and feeling that work uniquely for them. I am able to get to this by truly listening to what my clients want. 

I believe very much in the “love story” of my couples, and sharing this in the ceremony as the focus point of why everyone has gathered.  I so enjoy the process - the time leading up to the wedding, working with clients and getting to know their personal stories while creating a ceremony that’s personal and feels just right. To me the writing and creating of the ceremony is really exciting.

So, whether your looking for a sunrise wedding on the Brooklyn Bridge, an unconventional commitment ceremony, a renewal of vows, a more traditional formal affair, or anything in between, I would be honoured to help you create the ceremony of your dreams. 

Contact me so we may meet over a cup of tea and discuss your event.  By the big day it will feel as if we are old friends.  


Sacha Jones
Lifecycle Celebrant & Officiant

(917) 330-6968
sachajonesceremonies.com
holistichealthnyc@gmail.com

Weddings
Commitment Ceremonies
Vow Renewals
Naming Ceremonies
& Baby Welcomings
Other Personalized Life-Milestone Ceremonies

 





No comments:

Post a Comment